Updated February 04, 2021: Over the past year cruise lines have temporarily suspended service around the world due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Since then, restart dates have been pushed back multiple times. Keeping track of when cruises will restart sailing has become a challenge!
In this handy guide, we will keep you updated on when cruise lines will resume sailing after COVID-19. As the situation changes, we will update this guide with new cruise restart dates.
The situation so far…
There are a few cruise lines already cruising in Europe and Asia. But these are mostly limited to citizens from certain approved counties.
Many cruise lines have now pushed sail-dates back to May 2021 – but this could be pushed further. It is going to take cruise lines time re-crew ships and implement new health protocols. Secondly, cruise lines have many strict targets to meet set by the CDC in the USA before they can start cruising.
When cruise finally returns, there will be big changes to life onboard including new rules and guidelines. Read our Guide to Cruising in 2021 to find out everything you need to know about booking a cruise and sailing in 2021.
When will cruise line restart sailing?
Here are when cruise lines will resume sailing again. As the changes unfold and cruise restart dates change we update this list! (Updated 04 February 2021)
AIDA Cruises – March 6, 2021
Azamara Cruises – May 1, 2021
Carnival Cruise Line
- Australian sailings on Carnival Splendor will resume on May 20, 2021.
- Australian sailings on Carnival Spirit will resume on June 13, 2021.
- All 2021 European sailings on Carnival Legend are cancelled.
- Mardi Gras will now begin sailing on May 29, 2021
- All other Carnival ships – May 1, 2021
Celestial – May 1, 2021
Celebrity Cruises – May 1, 2021
- All 2021 European and transatlantic cruises on Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Constellation are cancelled.
- Celebrity Apex transatlantic on May 1, 2020 is cancelled
- All other sailings will resume on May 1, 2020
Celestyal Cruises – April 26, 2021
Costa Cruises – March 13, 2021
CroisiEurope – March 2021
Crystal Cruises – May 1, 2021
Cunard Line – May 17, 2021
Disney Cruise Line – April 1, 2021
Fred Olsen Ocean – 22 May 2021
Holland America Line – May 1, 2021
Marella Cruises – April 1, 2021.
- MSC Grandiosa will resume sailing on 24 January only for residents of Schengen countries.
The ship will depart every Sunday from Genoa, Italy and call at Civitavecchia, Naples, Palermo as and Valletta. Embarkation will be available from each port in Italy.
- MSC Magnifica Greek cruises will resume on February 14, 2021, only for residents of Schengen countries.
- MSC Bellissima Japan sailings will begin in April 2021
- All North American cruises are cancelled until May 1, 2021
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) – May 1, 2021
Oceana -May 1, 2021
P&O Cruises UK – April 2021
P&O Cruises Australia – April 30, 2021
Paul Gauguin – March 6, 2021
- Sailings from Japan will resume on June 26, 2021
- All other sailings will resume on May 15, 2021. Book now.
- All sailings on Sun, Sea and Pacific Princess are cancelled as these ships have been sold & withdrawn from service.
Regent Seven Seas – May 1, 2021
Royal Caribbean International
- Cruises from Singapore on Quantum of the Seas have resumed for Singapore residents only.
- China sailings on Spectrum of the Seas, February 16-28, are suspended.
- All other Royal Caribbean sailings will resume on May 1, 2021 except:
- Alaska sailings on Quantum of the Seas are cancelled. This is all sailings between April 25- October 14, 2021 includes the transpacific and Hawaii sailings.
- All sailings on Majesty of the Seas and Empress of the Seas. These vessels have been sold & withdrawn from service.
Saga Cruises – May 4, 2021
SeaDream Yacht Club – May 2021
Scenic – April 1, 2021
Silversea – April 2, 2021
Viking Ocean Cruises -April 1, 2021
Viking River Cruises -February 1, 2021
Uniworld – TBC
Virgin Voyages -May 9, 2021
Windstar – May 1, 2021
What will change when cruise restarts?
For more advice and tips subscribe to us on YouTube. Subscribing helps us to grow our channel and bring you more videos just like this one.