Princess Cruises has unveiled the celebrity speaker line-up for its UK-based ship, Sapphire Princess, as it sails from Southampton during spring and summer 2019. The 2,670-guest vessel will set out on a number of cruises to the Mediterranean, northern Europe and Canada & New England from April to October.
The line-up includes household names from across the world of entertainment, politics and sport, and marks the third year Princess has hosted a speaker programme on one of its UK-based ships:
- Linda Gray (actress, Sue Ellen in Dallas and Mrs Robinson in The Graduate theatre production in the West End) on both a 14-night Baltic Heritage cruise departing August 31 and a 24-night Canada & New England cruise departing September 14
- Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards (former British Olympic skier, portrayed in biographical film ‘Eddie The Eagle’) on both the 14-night Mediterranean Explorer cruise departing July 27 and a 7-night Norwegian Fjords cruise departing August 10
- Gok Wan (British fashion consultant, author and TV presenter on ‘How To Look Good Naked’ and ‘Gok’s Fashion Fix’) on a 7-night Norwegian Fjords cruise departing July 6
- Des O’Connor CBE (British singer, comedian and TV presenter on ‘The Des O’Connor Show’ and ‘Countdown’) on a 14-night Mediterranean Adventurer departing August 17
- Paul Burrell RVM (butler to Diana, Princess of Wales) on a 7-night Spain and France cruise departing May 25 and a 14-night Baltic Heritage cruise departing June 1
- Ann Widdecombe (former Conservative Party politician, Big Brother, Strictly Come Dancing) on a 7-night Norwegian Fjords cruise departing May 18
- Duncan James (British singer, TV presenter and actor, formerly in boy band ‘Blue’ and playing Ryan Knight in ‘Hollyoaks’) on a 14-night Mediterranean Explorer cruise departing July 27
- Samantha Bond (actress, Miss Moneypenny in James Bond and Lady Rosamund Painswick in Downton Abbey) on a 7-night Scandinavia cruise departing June 29
- Fatima Whitbread (former British Olympic javelin thrower and world record holder) on a 24-night Canada & New England cruise departing September 14
- Tessa Sanderson CBE (former British Olympic gold medallist javelin thrower and heptathlete) on a 7-night Scandinavia cruise departing April 27
- David Walsh (sports journalist, four-time Irish Sportswriter of the Year and three-time UK Sportswriter of the Year) on an 11-night Canary Island cruise departing April 16
- Allan Dennis Rich (songwriter, former Oscar, Grammy and Golden Globe nominee) on a 14-night Baltic Heritage cruise departing May 4
Talks, photographs and book signings
Each speaker will host a 45-minute talk with questions and answers, as well as a meet and greet session including photographs and book signings. As part of his stay, Gok Wan will also host a ‘red carpet’ fashion event onboard.
Third year of the speaker programme
Tony Roberts, vice president Princess Cruises UK & Europe, said:
“After two successful UK-based speaker programmes we are thrilled to announce its return for a third year. As well as welcoming back firm favourites including Linda Gray and Eddie The Eagle we’re looking forward to hosting new celebrities with a wide range of backgrounds and interests.
“With Sapphire Princess returning to the UK for a second season it gives us great pleasure to offer our guests the chance to hear from such a well-known group of speakers, who will further add to the wide range of entertainment and activities we will already have onboard.”
Sailings from just £1299 per person
Princess Cruises is offering a 14-night Mediterranean Explorer cruise on Sapphire Princess, departing July 27. Guest speakers Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards and Duncan James will host talks on this cruise. Sailing roundtrip from Southampton, ports of call include Algarve Coast (Portimao), Seville (Cadiz), Malaga, Corsica (Ajaccio), Sete (for Carcasonne), Ceuta and Lisbon. Prices from £1299 per person.
For more information or to book visit www.princess.com.