Celebrity Silhouette Becomes Latest Ship in Celebrity Cruises’ Growing Fleet to Complete The Celebrity Revolution. She will offer lavish new heights to guests sailing out of Southampton from 1st May 2020.
Celebrity Silhouette has returned from a 42-day bow-to-stern makeover, ready to transform the way modern travellers will experience the world, and will be arriving at her homeport of Southampton to begin sailings on 1st May.
The completion of the dramatic modernisation makes Celebrity Silhouette the fourth ship in Celebrity Cruises’ fleet to undergo The Celebrity Revolution – the brand’s more than $500 million investment in ship-wide upgrades and breath-taking reimagined spaces.
“The modernisation of Celebrity Silhouette takes one of the most gorgeous ships in our fleet closer to the Edge”Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, president and CEO, Celebrity Cruises.
On the transformed Celebrity Silhouette, guests will revel in such wonderful enhancements as:All staterooms and suites have been refreshed ship-wide, with stunning enhancements designed with guest comfort in mind, including Celebrity’s exclusive eXhale bedding featuring luxurious Cashmere mattresses, new flatscreen TVs, upgraded amenities and more.
- Six new staterooms and suites have been added to Celebrity Silhouette, including two new ultra-stylish Sunset Suites and four Interior Staterooms
- The addition of The Retreat, the ultimate all-inclusive area for Suite guests highlighted by The Retreat Sundeck, an exclusive sun-soaked hideaway featuring luxurious new cabanas, loungers, hot tub, bar and more; and an exclusive 24/7 lounge with complimentary beverages, gourmet bites and concierge services, known as The Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael’s Club).
- An exciting new dining offering, Craft Social (formerly Cellar Masters), a casual spot featuring more than 40 craft beers, wine and cocktails on tap, comfort food favourites, flat-screen TVs, and inviting leather seating.
- The Entertainment Court Bar, a new cocktail quick-stop spot.
- An updated Lawn Club, featuring eight refreshed Alcoves and an oversized outdoor movie screen.
- An upgraded Sunset Bar perfect for kicking back, sipping cocktails and soaking up some of the best views around the world with a new shaded lounge area complete with banquette seating and hammocks.
- Impressive digital enhancements across the ship, such as the addition of RFID lock technology and pervasive Xcelerate Wi-Fi
- Guests will also now be able to experience Celebrity’s mobile app and the brand’s leading facial recognition embarkation technology, which enables a frictionless terminal experience and expedited boarding, as well as additional features including guest-to-guest chat and digital room keys.
- An upgraded Fitness Centre with brand new state-of-the-art cardio and weight equipment from Technogym.
- World-class retail offerings, including iconic vintage brand What Goes Around Comes Around; artisan-driven Lemlem, featuring a collection of resort wear, shoes and handbags made entirely in Africa; Tarbay, a collection from Venezuela that features handcrafted fine jewellery; Tao Company Jewelry by Vanessa Arcila, known for its raw emeralds and pre-Columbian designs; and a brand new destination shop, Point B.
- An enhanced Art Gallery, Photo Gallery and iLounge, plus a sleek and sophisticated new design for The Casino and The Casino Bar.
- A redesigned Library to promote diving into the perfect vacation book.
- A refreshed Solarium and Pool Deck, taking relaxation to new heights on the open-air top deck.
Sweeping upgrades were also made to the crew areas of Celebrity Silhouette, including a renovated gym and refreshed recreational spaces, plus an upgraded outdoor bar and lounge area, with enhanced crew laundry facilities being made as well.
“In many spaces, we worked down to the studs and built it all back up again in the modern, ultra-luxurious style that is synonymous with our innovative Edge Series, while still keeping much of the Solstice Series charm and beauty our guests have grown to cherish.”Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, president and CEO, Celebrity Cruises.
Celebrity Silhouette’s bow-to-stern modernisation began on January 3, 2020 and was conducted by the skilled hands of more than 500 engineers, architects, artisans, designers, contractors, shipyard employees, and the Celebrity newbuild and operations teams.
Celebrity Silhouette is just the fourth revitalisation under Celebrity’s signature The Celebrity Revolution program. Celebrity Constellation is next, scheduled for completion in May 2020, with four more ships to be modernised by 2023.