Celebrity Apex is set to be christened on March 30, 2020 and promises to continue the groundbreaking innovations of its sister ship, Celebrity Edge. Here is everything you need to know about Celebrity Apex.
When does Celebrity Apex launch?
Celebrity Apex will be launched in the Southampton, England on the 1st April and sail a small selection of five sailings to Northern European destinations. The ship then then relocate to the Mediterranean sailing 7 – 12 night itineraries from Barcelona. In November Celebrity Apex will repositioning to Fort Lauderdale, Florida and sail week-long Caribbean sailings
What’s new onboard?
Celebrity Apex includes similar design and features of Celebrity Edge including the floating Magic Carpet, the Retreat and the Infinite Verandas.
New features, exclusive to the Celebrity Apex, include;
- New culinary venues, menus and programming
- An array of new firsts in beauty, fitness, and wellness
- Sweeping changes to The Theatre with state-of-the-art technology taking centre stage in three all-new production shows to captivate audiences.
- New Eden experiences, transforming the breathtaking Eden venue into a myriad of moods.
“Celebrity Edge changed the cruise industry and raised the standard for modern luxury vacations. Celebrity Apex – the second ship in our revolutionary Edge Series – goes even further.”Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, president and CEO of Celebrity Cruises
Dining on Celebrity Apex
Already renowned as the industry’s leading culinary brand, Celebrity further enhances its culinary palate on Celebrity Apex with evolved concepts, new delicacies and new menu offerings from Celebrity’s Michelin-starred Chef Cornelius Gallagher, including:
- Craft Social Bar – This relaxed, casual bar space, will offer draft cocktails, wines on tap and more than 50 of the world’s rarest craft beers served by a certified beer sommelier. Menu items will include contemporary comfort food cuisine like mac and brie, Kobe beef sliders, crispy chicken sliders and meat and cheese boards. Large-screen TVs will air live sporting events.
- Le Grand Bistro – A new 3-D digital animation dining experience will offer a new animated story on Celebrity Apex, enhanced by new menu creations from Chef Gallagher. A fusion of entertainment and dining, the menu offers such dishes as spring pea soup, King Crab farfalle pasta and filet mignon, while diners enjoy a story that chronicles the life adventures of Le Petit Chef who meets the girl of his dreams at age 12.
- Eden dining experience – This remarkable three-story indoor natural Wonderland, with sweeping panoramic, outward facing windows will feature an extraordinary culinary journey of new flavour-forward a la carte appetisers, entrees and desserts with ingredients sourced from local farms and fisheries in the lower-level restaurant. A sampling of new menu items includes fresh roasted Spanish prawns with melted peppers; cured fresh chorizo; slow-cooked shellfish broth with parsley, garlic, shallots and maldon sea salt from England; pastrami with Devonshire Dijon mustard emulsion, mashed potatoes cooked in duck fat; and crispy rye bread sautéed in butter and melted raclette cheese.
In addition, new menu items have been created for Raw on 5, Magic Carpet, Fine Cut Steakhouse, Rooftop Garden Grill, and the four Main Restaurants on Celebrity Apex: Cosmopolitan, Cyprus, Normandie, andTuscan.
Entertainment on Celebrity Apex
Celebrity Apex debuts exciting new entertainment offerings, including three new stage shows in The Theatre; an intimate cabaret show in The Club; along with a variety of themed experiences and activities throughout the ship.
The stunning, contemporary design of The Theatre incorporates new state-of-the-art technology features, including:
- 23-foot-tall 4K LED screen curving around the stage to immerse audiences like never before.
- New 28-foot tall circular scrim and eight Panasonic 20K laser projectors for projection mapping to create a 360-degree wrap-around picture for audiences.
- 20-foot tall Tree of Life, complete with over 3,000 LED leaves, to set the stage for one of the most dramatic new productions at sea.
This technology plays a role in several new shows exclusive to Celebrity Apex.
- Rockumentary will celebrate some of the greatest classic rock moments in history, and for the first time, guests get to vote for their favourite finale, via the Celebrity Cruises app.
- Tree of Life will take guests on a journey of relatable life moments, illuminated by the changing seasons of the tree, and set to pop rock music.
- Crystalize energises the night with an inspiring and visually stunning performance featuring light, laser projections, custom video content, music, dance, and incredible aerial acrobatics, all tied together by the amazing talents of a world-class violinist.
Widely regarded as the most unique space on any cruise ship, Eden indulges every sense with a variety of entirely new experiences that creatively transform the environment throughout the day from morning, noon to night.
Entertainment in Eden includes;
- Night of Dreams – An eclectic afternoon tea party morphs into a wonder-filled journey complete with live performances and audience interaction
- Night of the Chill – a daytime guided meditation becomes the ultimate ultra-lounge
- Night of the Arts – interactive art experiences by day lead into interactive experiences and performances celebrating the arts.
- Each day presents new options to Chill @ Eden, Learn @ Eden, Play @ Eden and Create @ Eden, culminating at night in Evenings of Wonder at Eden, encouraging guests to return again and again.
Evening entertainment can also be found at The Club, with the debut of Caravan, a more intimate and alluring evening cabaret-style production featuring new takes on classic circus acts with astonishing aerial acrobatics, acts of balance and precision, and more. Also fully programmed during the day, The Club will offer a variety of activities from video dance classes to archery to karaoke with a live band and full production support.
A new spa management collaboration with OneSpaWorld and new wellness programming for the modern traveller will debut on Apex. Highlights include:
- F45 Training. – A first-at-sea. These unique 45-minute, station-based, heart rate monitored functional team training workouts will be offered in a notably larger Fitness Center onboard Celebrity Apex.
- Destination Wellness – A new programme featuring locally inspired spa menus using authentic local ingredients inspired by the destinations that the ship explores.
- Women in Wellness – A wellbeing program centring on the emotional, physical and spiritual practices of some of the wellness industries’ most highly respected influencers including Katie Brauer, Yoga Master and Founder and CEO of The Yoga Professional; Ruth Zukerman, co-founder of Soul Cycle and Flywheel Sports; and skincare icon and Elemis CEO Noella Gabriel.
- New and first-at-sea spa offerings -including more than 120 soothing treatments and a new collection of state-of-the-art treatment tables, highlighted by the unique Iyashi Dôme, the original Japanese infrared sauna that deeply cleanses and detoxifies the body.
Visit our sponsor Vision Cruise to book your cruise now. Not only are they a family run company but with over 30 years experience of booking cruises, they are the perfect choice to book your next cruise.