Princess Cruises today announced that the Regal Princess will be the second ship fully-activated with the Princess Medallion. All 3,560 guests on the Regal Princess will have full access from February 17, 2019, during the ship’s current Caribbean season.
The Medallion is the same size as a 10p piece or a quarter. It is fully automated and has no visible technology such as an on-off switch or charging function. The medallion complimentary and can be worn in a variety of ways. Its features include:
- A streamlined ship embarkation and disembarkation process, giving quicker and easier entry and exit
Keyless stateroom access
- Enhanced interaction with crew members and other guests, e.g. staff can see guest’s individual food and beverage preferences and accordingly offer a more personalised service
- OceanCompass, which provides interactive directions throughout the ship and allows guests to easily locate friends, family and children
- Access for guests to a real-time look at their itinerary via portals throughout the ship, along with events and activities taking place during their cruise
- Interactive games that can be played on portals across the vessel including trivia challenges and a ship-wide digital scavenger hunt
- A selection of casino games including poker, bingo and roulette available via guests’ smart devices and select portals
Tony Roberts, vice president Princess Cruises UK and Europe, said:
“We’ve received excellent feedback from guests and crew members who have experienced the Medallion on Caribbean Princess as we continue on our path to fleet-wide activation.
Ocean Medallion Expansion
Ocean Medallion technology has been slow to rollout since it was first unveiled in 2017. The 3,140-guest Caribbean Princess was the first ship to have full Medallion access in 2018. Further announcements are yet to be made about a fleet-wide rollout.
“The more personalised service we are now able to provide is benefiting guests from the moment they step foot onboard. The Medallion enhances so much of what we offer, from speedy embarkation to staying in touch with friends and family, to finding your way across the ship, to ordering drinks.”
An eleven-day Scandinavia & Russia roundtrip cruise on Regal Princess sets sail from Copenhagen on May 10, 2019. Currently includes free flights and transfers (offer ends December 20, 2018). Ports of call comprise St Petersburg, Berlin (Warnemunde), Stockholm (Nynashamn), Oslo, Helsinki and Tallinn. Prices from £1,499 per person.
Compare your next cruise with Icelolly.com or contact your local travel agent.