The balconies, located in the two ‘Sky Suites’, will big the biggest ever offered by a cruise line. With one balcony measuring 1,012 square feet and the other 947 square feet, each around the size of half a tennis court.
The suites will provide a private vantage of the ships’ top deck Movies Under the Stars cinema screen, offer 270-degree panorama views and sleep up to five guests. They will feature two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a dining area with skylight.
“We can’t wait for guests to experience these new suites, which will set the standard for the premium stateroom experience at sea. The suites will offer the best of both worlds, where guests can relax privately with friends or family, or host their own en-suite celebrations in style.
Tony Roberts, vice president Princess Cruises UK and Europe
Sky Princess will launch in October 2019 carrying 3,660 guests. The ship will sail a short season in the Mediterranean before heading to the Caribbean. Enchanted Princess will launch in Southampton in June 2020 and then similarly sail the Mediterranean.
Being Princess Medallion-enabled. The Medallion is a complimentary, automated piece of technology, the same size as a 10p piece, given to each guest, that enables features including:
– Keyless stateroom access
– A streamlined embarkation and disembarkation process, giving quicker and easier access to the ship
– Enhanced interaction with crew members and other guests, e.g. staff can see guest’s individual food and beverage preferences and offer a more personalised service
– On demand beverage delivery
– Enhanced entertainment including ‘Take Five’, a new jazz lounge, plus an expanded Princess Theatre
– More than 25 restaurants and bars onboard including speciality restaurants the Crown Grill Steakhouse and Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria
– Eight private cabanas in the Sanctuary, an adults-only area on the top deck designed for rest and relaxation
– A spa with Princess’ largest thermal suite at sea, which will feature a hydrotherapy pool, heated stone beds, a Turkish bath and dry, steam and aromatherapy chambers
Find out more about Princess Cruises with our Ultimate Guide