Norwegian Cruise Line has received two awards for its onboard beverage program.
Norwegian Bliss’ head mixologist has been named as one of the “2018 Diageo Global Best Bartenders” and a semi-finalist for “2018 Diageo World Class Bartender of the Year.” Norwegian Escape’s upscale steakhouse Cagney’s has been honoured with the “Award of Excellence” by Wine Spectator.
“Gastronomy has become such an important element of traveling today that we are more committed than ever to exceptional culinary experiences across our 16-ship fleet. I’m proud of our creative and innovative teams both on land and sea who are dedicated to curating programs and partnerships that our guests will remember and look forward to time and again.”
Wes Cort, vice president of food and beverage at Norwegian Cruise Line.
Norwegians third season of it Meet the Winemaker cruises are available on select ships and itineraries now until February 16, 2019.
These cruises give guests the opportunity to meet other winemakers and experts through a series of seminars and activities including open-forum question and answer sessions and meet-and-greets.
The 2018/19 Meet the Winemaker series will be featured on the following sailings:
- September 23, 2018 on Norwegian Escape — Aarón Sánchez, celebrity chef and James Beard award winner, is the official ambassador and spokesperson for Moët-Hennessy’s Argentinian wine, Terrazas De Los Andes
- October 12, 2018 on Norwegian Dawn — Dina Mondavi, daughter of Isabel and Michael Mondavi, represents four generations of winemaking
- October 27, 2018 on Norwegian Bliss — Salvatore Ferragamo, heir of famed Italian fashion house and owner of Il Borro Winery in Tuscany, Italy
- December 8, 2018 on Norwegian Bliss — Bob Bertheau, head winemaker at Chateau Ste. Michelle, has maintained the vineyard’s legacy of crafting awarding-winning Chardonnay, Riesling, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon, while putting his own signature on the wines
- January 12, 2019 on Norwegian Bliss — Juan Munoz Oca, head winemaker at Columbia Crest produces the winery’s portfolio of Reserve, H3, and Grand Estates wines
- February 16, 2019 on Norwegian Bliss — Gerard Bertrand is the renowned vintner of Languedoc-Roussillo
Meet the Winemaker cruises on Norwegian Bliss take place on the seven-day itineraries to Alaska from Seattle during the summer months, the Mexican Riviera in the fall from Los Angeles and the Eastern Caribbean from Miami in the winter. On Norwegian Escape, the cruises are available on itineraries from New York, and on Norwegian Dawn, they are available on seven-day itineraries from Boston to Canada and New England offering guests a beautiful way to witness the fall foliage.
Watch our ship tour of the Norwegian Bliss